Due to the nature of our business, www.iBuyBarbecues.com needs to maintain a strict return policy. A return will only be accepted up to the duration and parameters of the manufacturer's warranty for exchange or repair if a product is found to have a manufacturing defect. The end user needs to acquire a Return Authorization from the customer service department at www.iBuyBarbecues.com. The defective product then needs to be shipped in its original packaging to the location provided by the customer service department at www.iBuyBarbecues.com. No return shipments will be accepted by www.iBuyBarbecues.com, or by the manufacturer of the defective product, without the original packaging and Return Authorization.
PLEASE NOTE we are not able to accept returns after 30 days of delivery at your location. Please inspect the goods upon arrival and determine if you wish to retain them before the 30 day time frame expires. In order for a return to be considered it must be initiated before the 31st day after delivery takes place at your location.
Refund Method: You will be refunded in the very same payment method you utilized when placing your original order with us. A refund will occur in that payment method within 4 business days of receiving the goods back at the specific return to location and the goods have been fully inspected by us or the factory.
In some cases the sales department at www.iBuyBarbecues.com may arrange an exchange with the manufacturer for an alternative product. Once it is received in satisfactory condition by the manufacturer, the original product will be refunded, minus a restocking fee up to 25%, and the end user will be billed for the replacement product. The original product must be returned in "As New" condition, in the original packaging and with a Return Authorization provided by the customer service department at www.iBuyBarbecues.com. All returned products must be in original condition and packaging otherwise, additional charges may be applied. We are not able to take returns of products that have been assembled or modified in any way. Certain products cannot be returned because neither we nor our suppliers can take them back, like special custom orders for example. Please call us if you have any questions about if a product can be returned. Any returned item that does not meet all three conditions will be considered the property of the end user; and will be shipped back to the end user at the end user's expense. Additionally, www.iBuyBarbecues.com reserves the right to charge an additional 5% fee on all canceled orders, if the order has already been processed. All software is non-returnable; no exceptions. Please keep in mind that once an order has shipped, it cannot be cancelled. If you refuse an order, it will then fall under our company return policy.
Standard shipping methods offer curbside delivery. For freight shipments (common carrier and other shipments over 70 lbs), shipping includes dock to dock delivery in the USA 48 contiguous states. Lift gate or inside delivery upgrades will possibly incur additional charges, and will be charged to the customer. If "prior notice" or "24 hour notification" is requested on shipments, additional charges may be applied. Please note that some of our products are offered with free shipping promotions, so please be aware that if you return one of these products our actual outbound shipping costs will still be deducted from your return refund amount. If a product arrives damaged, or an error was made, and it cannot be fixed with replacement parts, we will pay to ship the item back to us and send you a replacement. If you decide you do not want parts or a replacement, the item can be returned under our standard RETURN POLICY.
Items which exceed Fedex and UPS's weight and size limitations for ground shipping must be shipped via a commercial freight company. These freight companies normally use a semi truck to deliver to businesses with loading docks and will offer the cheapest rates for this kind of delivery. Freight companies may charge additional fees for "residential delivery", "lift-gate delivery", and "inside delivery".
What is a lift-gate?
A lift-gate is a device used to raise and lower items from ground level to the level of a tractor trailer. Freight companies deliver items on a tractor trailer which is 56 inches above the ground. These trailers are designed to load and unload at a loading dock or with a fork-lift. If your delivery location does not have a loading dock or fork-lift and the item is too heavy to remove from the trailer by hand, then you may need a lift-gate.
Do I need lift-gate delivery?
There are several ways to avoid paying lift-gate delivery costs. If your delivery location has a loading dock or forklift you do not need a lift-gate. If the individual items in your shipment are light enough for you and your friends to remove from the truck you do not need a lift-gate. If you are willing to drive to the closest terminal and take terminal delivery you do not need a lift-gate. Terminal delivery is often a good way to save both lift-gate and residential delivery fees. If none of these options work for you then you will need lift-gate delivery.
How much does lift-gate delivery cost?
The average cost of a lift-gate is $75. iBuyBarbecues ships with several different freight companies depending on the delivery location and the delivery services you request. The best way to find your actual lift-gate cost is to call us for an exact quote of your delivery costs with and without lift-gate delivery
What is Residential Delivery?
Residential delivery is a term and fee used by freight carriers to describe delivery to any address which is not zoned commercial. Usually this is a home, but it could be a church, farm community center, etc. Businesses run from a home are still considered residential. The average residential delivery fee is $75.
Do I need Residential Delivery?
Often you can avoid residential delivery fees by receiving your shipment at a nearby business or office building. If you have a pickup truck capable of hauling your item, we can schedule "terminal delivery" where the item is delivered to the closest trucking terminal and you receive the item there. This is a good way of saving both residential and lift-gate delivery fees.
What is terminal delivery?
Terminal delivery is where the freight company delivers your shipment to their closest freight terminal (usually in the closest urban area) and you receive the shipment at their terminal.
Why would I use terminal delivery?
By accepting your shipment at the terminal you can save residential and lift-gate delivery fees. You can also save high local delivery fees if you live in a remote or hard to reach area.
How does insurance work with freight shipments?
Every freight shipment is insured. But in order to collect the insurance on damaged goods the receiver MUST INSPECT THE SHIPMENT BEFORE SIGNING FOR IT! Legally, when iBuyBarbecues signs the shipment over to the freight company, the freight company owns it. When you receive the item and sign for it, you own it. Therefore it is imperative that you carefully inspect your shipment for any damage. If there is any damage at all you must note the damage on the freight bill. This is the only way you will be compensated for the damage!!
What should I look for when inspecting my shipment ??
A very small amount of freight shipments arrive damaged, but be sure to inspect your item when it arrives. The most common cause of damage is the fork-lift so pay special attention to holes poked in the packaging and to the bottom 18" of the shipment. Inspect the outside of the packaging to look for dents or crushed corners. If you see anything even slightly suspicious carefully remove all packaging and inspect the item. The driver may be impatient but that beats having to settle for a damaged item. Unlike FedEx or UPS, if you sign your Freight bill free of any claims then you have little recourse if you later discover that it is damaged.
Our products shipped factory direct right to your door. They are packaged by the factory to withstand damage during shipping. If a product looks damaged or parts are missing, please contact us. www.iBuyBarbecues.com will make every effort to help you obtain the necessary replacements as quickly as possible.
When it come to truck shipments (shipments other than UPS or FedEx) Even if the package appears only slightly damaged, write "Damaged" on the bill of lading slip when you sign for delivery. This is extremely important to expedite a fast resolution. If the package looks significantly damaged, you may refuse delivery completely and the trucking company will notify us. We can then send a new one right away to your location. If you refuse delivery, please notify us as well. If you accepted the package and find that parts are missing or concealed damaged, please let us know right away and we will ship you the replacement parts at no charge. Time matters since most shipping companies only let us file claims within 48 hours of delivery.
What if my item is damaged?
You have two options. You can note damage on the freight bill and accept the item anyway, or you can refuse the shipment. 99% of freight damage is cosmetic. If you sign the freight bill damaged then the freight company will replace your item, approve reimbursement for parts and repair, or provide compensation depending on the damage to your item. This is often the best option if you need to get your item operational and the damage is cosmetic. If you refuse the shipment it will be returned to us and we will ship a replacement as soon as possible.** This may take some time due to stocking issues and transit times, but this is usually the best option if you shipment is damaged beyond repair. If you accept your shipment in a damaged state it is very important that you call the freight company immediately to schedule an inspection and file the freight claim, you should take good pictures from different angles of the item and the packaging, and you should save all packaging material.
SHIPPING & RECEIVING CHECKLIST:
1) LIFT GATES:
Shipments to residences usually require a lift gate, as most houses do not have high docks. You must request the lift gate when you order the items so that this can be noted on the bill of lading. If it is not noted on the bill of lading and you need the lift gate, there will be a re-delivery charge. Will you need help unloading the items upon delivery? Package handling companies off-load and uncrate for a fee. Otherwise, make sure you have enough people to help unload the items. Or ask for an inside delivery when placing your order.
2) DIFFICULT ACCESS LOCATIONS:
Do you live where a large tractor-trailer would have difficulty maneuvering? Examples: a half-mile gravel driveway, narrow streets, dead-end streets. Notifying the trucking company of this in advance will prevent extra costs and headaches.
There are several options for a delivery to a difficult location: 1) Meet the tractor-trailer at the end of the street. 2) Pick up the delivery yourself at the freight terminal, which will also save you the residential delivery fee. 3) At the time of order, specify that you will need a small box truck for delivery.
3) DELIVERY POINT IS THE CURB:
Most trucking companies will deliver a crate only to the curb. It is the customer’s responsibility to move the crate into the house or garage. Most companies offer inside delivery for an extra charge. With a little kindness and monetary appreciation, the driver may place the crate closer to the house or garage.
RECEIVING FREIGHT SHIPMENTS:
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE SECTION BEFORE UNPACKING THE CONTENTS OF THE SHIPMENT.
We pack all our products for truck shipment on carrier-approved wood pallets. We ship hundreds of products a year this way, and only a small percentage are damaged in shipment. Our terms of sale are F.O.B. shipping point, meaning that title to these goods passes to you when the carrier receives the goods at our plant. If any part of the shipment is damaged, report the damage immediately to the transportation company during delivery. Here are some tips on how to receive freight shipments:
- DO NOT SIGN FOR THE UNIT WITHOUT THOROUGHLY INSPECTING THE CONTENTS OF EACH DELIVERED CONTAINER. To ensure that your unit has arrived in good condition, we strongly encourage you to open each delivered container and carefully inspect the contents before signing the delivery receipt (Proof of Delivery). By performing this task immediately, you are not only helping us to more quickly determine that your unit arrived undamaged, but it also protects you against any possible product liability claims. Once you sign the delivery receipt, you are certifying that your unit arrived in good condition and that both the shipper (iBuy Stores) and freight company are free of any liability.
- PLEASE KINDLY ASK THE DRIVER TO WAIT FOR YOU WHILE YOU INSPECT THE SHIPMENT. The freight company will not knowingly ship any items that are damaged. They (the freight company) routinely inspect every container before accepting any item to be shipped. Consequently, you should not sign any courier receipt which transfers product liability over to you, until you have first inspected the shipment’s contents. A still camera can also be extremely helpful in documenting the shipment’s condition upon arrival. Note: If the driver can’t wait, you have up to 72 hours to inspect the container’s contents and report any damaged items to us (iBuy Stores) to receive replacements parts free of charge.
- IF THE DRIVER WILL WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN FULLY INSPECT THE SHIPMENT, OPEN EACH PACKAGE AND CHECK FOR DAMAGED ITEMS. Check for damage to glass panels and/or shelves, acrylic and/or metal panels, base skirt and/or base, etc. Take pictures of each unusable item. Please make sure not to misplace any inventoried item.
- IF ANY ITEM APPEARS TO BE DAMAGED, HAVE THE DRIVER WRITE “DAMAGED,” WITH THEIR INITIALS, ON THE PROOF OF DELIVERY (P.O.D.) FORM. This step is essential to document that you received non-functioning component in a damaged shipment.
- CHECK THE CONDITION OF THE SHRINK WRAP AND WARNING TAPE. If the warning tape (a white plastic tape with red writing stating: “STOP. DO NOT BREAK DOWN PALLET OR WRAP. If tape is broken check contents before signing! GLASS HANDLE WITH CARE!”) and/or shrink wrap have been removed and/or damaged, check the shipment’s contents immediately, and document the broken and/or damaged item(s) on the Proof of Delivery (P.O.D.) receipt. It is possible the shipment may have been manipulated to conceal damage. Taking accurate photos of this step can help ascertain and document the origins of product damage.
- CHECK AROUND ALL SIDES OF THE SHIPMENT FOR ANY EXTERNAL DAMAGE(S). Check the condition of the pallet (skid) for any abuse during shipment. If there is damage to the pallet, there may potentially be damage to the contents directly resting against the pallet (the bottom). Take pictures of any external damage(s).
- IF A SHIPMENT COMES IN MULTIPLE BOXES/CRATES AND SOME, BUT NOT ALL OF THE PACKAGES ARE COMPLETELY DAMAGED, DO NOT REFUSE THE ENTIRE SHIPMENT – ONLY DECLINE THE DAMAGED CONTAINER(S). If there are four packages on one pallet, and one box has fork lift holes through the center of the package, damaging the items inside, but leaving the other three other boxes completely unharmed, do not refuse the entire shipment. Note: Just because a container’s exterior has some holes or perforations, that doesn’t necessarily mean that the contents inside are damaged. Our shipping cartons are designed to expertly protect our units and sustain normal shipping wear and tear. So a few exterior bruises do not necessarily mean that the interior contents are damaged. Please inspect every container first, before documenting damaged items. If the items inside the bruised exterior package are indeed damaged, refuse only the container(s) that have unusable parts, and accept the remaining packages that are in good condition.
- NOTE: NEVER WRITE: “SUBJECT TO INSPECTION”, “NO VISIBLE DAMAGE”, or “DAMAGE TO CRATE/PACKAGING”, “POSSIBLE DAMAGE” ON THE P.O.D. The freight company will not accept a damage claim if any of these phrases are written on the P.O.D. form. If you see that any part of the shipment is damaged, please simply write “DAMAGED,” then give more detailed information. For example: “DAMAGED – HOLE IN CARDBOARD BOX, CAN HEAR BROKEN GLASS RATTLING.”
- MAKE NOTE OF WHICH BOXES WERE REFUSED AND WHICH CONTAINERS WERE RECEIVED IN GOOD CONDITION. Photos may help you document this determination more concretely. Have the DRIVER make note of your damage assessment on the P.O.D. with THEIR INITIALS.
- IF THE DRIVER IS IN A HURRY AND WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO MAKE A THOROUGH SHIPMENT INSPECTION, INITIATE A QUICK VISUAL EXAMINATION OF THE CONTAINER’S EXTERIOR CONDITION. Inspect the containers for external damage. If any blemishes are visible to the shipment’s exterior, or you can hear something damaged inside (such as broken glass), have the DRIVER write “DAMAGED” with THEIR INITIALS on the P.O.D. and receive the shipment as damaged. Take pictures of any external damages.
- We believe that it is unfair for the driver to manipulate anyone into receiving a shipment that is possibly damaged, without inspection. The freight company is allowed to inspect and/or refuse any shipment for shipping. If the item is damaged, the party responsible for the damage will be held liable. If there is no physical damage to the item(s) inside the package, and only the external packaging was damaged, no claim will be filed and neither party will be needed to be held liable.
- AFTER THE DRIVER HAS LEFT, THE SHIPMENT AND ITS CONTENTS MUST BE FULLY INSPECTED FOR ANY DAMAGES PROMPTLY. A DAMAGE REPORT MUST BE REPORTED TO THE FREIGHT COMPANY AND THE SHIPPER WITHIN 72 HOURS OF DELIVERY. Please do not wait weeks or months to open up your packages. You are only allowed 72 hours to report any product damage. The freight company and the shipper cannot be held liable for any damages reported after this 72-hour window. Once a damage report is filed with the freight company, a damaged claim form will be created by the shipper and forwarded to the freight company, and all damaged parts will be replaced, as needed.
- KEEP ALL ORIGINAL PACKAGING. If you do submit a damage report during the 72-hour window, we advise you to keep all original packaging. Once the damaged claim form is forwarded to the freight company, an inspector will be sent out to personally examine the damaged package and its contents, in order to process the claim properly. If the inspector cannot inspect the packaging, the freight company will claim they are not liable, because it cannot be proven they were responsible for any damage(s).
- DON’T MOVE THE DAMAGED PACKAGE TO ANOTHER LOCATION UNTIL THE CLAIM IS SETTLED. The freight company and shipper cannot be held liable for any damages if the shipment/item is moved to another location after it has been certified to have been delivered in good condition to the correct address.
- CREATE AN INVENTORY OF DAMAGED ITEMS TO INSURE AN ACCURATE REPLACEMENT PART LIST (WITH PHOTOS, IF POSSIBLE). Make sure that an accurate list of broken parts is included in your damage report. This will help ensure that you receive an accurate inventory of replacement parts. Digital photos can visually document which parts are damaged and help expedite your claim for replacement parts in a timely manner.
If these steps above are not followed we may have no ability to obtain credit for the damaged goods you have ordered. The shipment is FULLY insured and it is our job to file the claim and make sure you receive a new and working product. We have no way to file claims if the steps above are not done completely or properly.